MUSICAL – Charlotte Brontë’s great love story comes to life with music to lift your heart and set your spirit soaring. This beloved tale of secrets and the lies that secrets create, of unimaginable hope and unspoken passion, reminds us what it is to fall deeply, truly and completely in love. Nominated for five Tony Awards, Jane Eyre enchants audiences with a timeless love story.
Approximate Duration: 2 hours 10 minutes
Friday February 21st
Saturday February 22nd
Monday February 24th
Tuesday February 25th
Friday February 28th
Saturday February 29th
AUDITION TIPS FOR OUR 2019-2020 SEASON
We had an incredible Season 3 at Vernal Theatre: LIVE and cannot wait to have an even better Season 4. Below are a few tips and tricks that will help you prepare for auditions. Enjoy and we’ll see you at auditions!
1. Know the expectations and follow them. Read the notices that are posted – every audition is different and may require different things to be prepared. Come ready and knowing what the director expects you to give.
2. Confidence. It sounds simple but it takes practice. Walk in the door with your held head high. Be wary of shuffling feet. You don’t get sympathy points if you’re nervous, not feeling well, or having a bad day. Leave it outside the door. You are being sized up the minute you walk in, so practice good posture and body language before you arrive. And don’t forget to smile – that’s the lasting impression you want to leave.
3. Personality. Let it shine through!
4. Connection. Make one with the character you’re portraying and the production team. Be memorized on your audition material. That said, don’t ask who they (the production team) are. Introductions waste time, time you could use for showing off your acting chops. They are there to do their job, just like you’re there to do your job. You are equals. You’re selling, and they’re buying. Treat them with respect and courtesy, and they’ll do the same.
5. Find your spot. Wherever it is, there’s usually an X on the floor, done with tape. Find it and go stand there. That’s called a mark. (X marks the spot.) Why? Because the production team gets antsy when you’re too close. But don’t stay rooted to that X. Remember, the space is yours for two whole minutes. So feel free to move around.
6. Act. Acting means TO DO, not to talk. Find your actions and play them! (A wonderful resource is the book “Actions: The Actor’s Thesaurus” by Marina Caldarone & Maggie Lloyd-Williams.)
7. Stick to the time limit. If you prepared a monologue or a song, you (usually) get 90 seconds starting from your first line. And 90 seconds is plenty. So as to be respectful of everyone’s time, cut down your monologue or song. Rehearse with a stopwatch to measure how long it is. Then when you get to the audition, you won’t be rushed. And if they cut you off, don’t take it personally. It doesn’t mean you’re bad, it means they need to give everyone else time to show too.
Jane Eyre – February Audition Information
December 11 – 7:00-9:30pm, December 12 – 7:30-9:30pm
Callbacks December 13 by invitation
A few things to note:
Audition songs must be kept to 32 measures or less than 60 seconds. Time limit will be enforced.
Anyone younger than 16 MUST have a parent/responsible adult with them at the first cast read through and designated rehearsals as decided by the director. (Please see the separate Youth Audition Form for more information).
You must bring your own accompanist or a track (no backup vocals).
Be prepared to completely fill out the rehearsal calendar at your audition with any and all conflicts that may arise during rehearsal. The production team is sacrificing time to be at rehearsals and it is pointless to rehearse with no one there. Be clear on your conflicts. Any conflicts reported after casting may result in a change of role or require withdrawal from the show. (A tentative rehearsal schedule is attached below. Please know that this is subject to change based on need & availability of cast members.)
Performances are February 21-29. There will not be double-casting therefore actors must be available for all performances.
The show begins rehearsal on January 3 and closes performances on February 29.
Amber Harrison will direct.
There are three roles for girls ages 8-10, 10-14 and 13-18.
All other roles (six women and six men) will be cast from ages 18+. We are looking for at least two women ages 40+.
All roles are open. For cast list & character info, including vocal range, visit: http://mti.com/jane-eyre
Come prepared to sing no longer than 60 seconds of music in a Broadway style. You must bring your own pianist or recorded music (no backup vocals).
Auditioners may be requested at auditions to do a cold read from the script, in an English accent if possible. Adele will use a French accent.
Bring any conflicts from January 3rd through February 29th along with a 4×6 color headshot. Rehearsals begin January 3.
Auditions take place at Vernal Theatre located at 40 East Main in Vernal. Enter through the main doors on the north side. Email the theatre at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition time.
If you cannot attend the scheduled audition times, email email@example.com to get information about submitting a Video Audition.
We hope you have an enjoyable experience auditioning and if you do not get cast, please come see the show and audition for future productions. You are also welcome to email the theatre if you are interested in helping in another way – we are always looking for technicians, costumers, and stage hands. Get involved!
Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TENTATIVE Rehearsal Schedule attached below. Please know that we are very aware of your time and our own. We will cancel rehearsals if we don’t need them and make sure that your time at the theatre is well-spent. Specific people & groups will only need to come specific days and times. Those will be determined after auditions.
AUDITION FORM & REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
Please download and fill out this form to bring to your audition.
Upcoming and Current Events
Alex Velluto - WiseGuys Comedy
Forever Plaid in Plaid Tidings
December 17 to 21
Drop Us a Line
Don't be shy. Let us know if you have any questions!